Khoya Pista Burfi is one of the basic and most common sweets available in nearly all sweet shops in India; however, just as an extension of regular plain burfi it is in no way less tasty than any other sweet and is loved by both adults and kids alike. It is also one of the easiest sweets to be made at home, and uses khoya. This can be served as a dessert or snack item or even be gifted in a nice packing. Going by usual standards, I cut it into squares. However, you can cut it in different shapes as per your wish. So if making a sweet interests you then you should definitely give try to use this Khoya Pista Burfi Recipe to suit your occasion and serve it with your dinner plates today. Be ready for some big appreciations coming your way for the culinary skills! Enjoy the homemade sweet.
Ingredients needed for Khoya Pista Burfi
- Khoya – 250 gms (shredded)
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Maida – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
- Pistachios for garnishing
How to make Khoya Pista Burfi
- Heat a pan and put shredded khoya and let it melt.
- Add sugar and mix well and keep cooking on low heat until it thickens.
- Add cardamom powder and cook for about a min.
- Line a plate with lightly oiled fingers to avoid the mixture sticking to it.
- Transfer the contents from the pan to this plate, garnish with pistachios and let it cool and settle for few minutes.
- Cut into small squares and serve immediately.