Brownies are the favourite of almost everyone, starting from young kids to adults. Brownies are the ultimate go-to dessert for many chocolate lovers. Making the perfect brownies may sound complicated, but in reality, it is much simpler in comparison to other baked items. Also, brownies take less time to bake. Eggless brownies are the ideal recipe for those who avoid or do not consume eggs. However, vegetarians will not be deprived of the taste of brownies. This Eggless Brownie recipe is simple and easy to make and does not require eggs, yet tastes equally delicious.
- All-purpose flour- 1 and ½ cup
- Cocoa powder- ¼ cup
- Butter- ½ cup or 80 gm. (in room temperature)
- Brown sugar- 1/3 cup
- Dark chocolate- 100gm. (finely chopped)
- Baking powder- ½ tsp.
- Baking soda- ¼ tsp.
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp.
- Plain yogurt- ¼ cup
- Salt- a pinch
- Milk- ¼ cup
- Caster Sugar- For garnish
- Firstly, place a saucepan half-filled with water on the stove. Now place a bowl on top of the saucepan. This makes a double boiler.
- In the bowl, add the chopped chocolates and butter. Mix them for a while on low flame.
- Once the butter and chocolate are completely melted, take it off the flame and put it aside.
- Now take a large bowl and place a sieve on top of it.
- On the sieve, one by one, add all the dry ingredients- all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt; sieve out the ingredients on the bowl so there are no large particles.
- Gradually add the melted chocolate and butter mixture and mix-fold it all together.
- Add the curd, vanilla essence, and brown sugar and continue to fold until the sugar melts. If the consistency is too thick, add some milk. The surface should be wide enough to drop down when it is dropped from a height slowly.
- Take a cake tin and grease it with butter, then add some flour around the cake tray.
- Next, add the batter onto the baking tray and place it in a preheated oven. Bake it for 30 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- After 30 minutes, open the oven, place a toothpick on the side of the brownie. If the toothpick comes out clean, it means it is ready to serve. If it does not come out clean, bake it for another 10 minutes.
- After the brownie is baked completely, take it out of the oven and allow it to cool down.
- After it cools down, cut it into pieces and sprinkle some caster sugar on top, and it is ready to serve.