Indian breads have quite a variation in them, some go well with every day home made food, while sometimes we yearn for more delicacies. Laccha Paratha is one such bread which goes well with spicy curries non vegetarian and vegetarian alike. I love these parathas with shahi paneer, butter chicken and rogan josh mutton amongst other such curries. Most of the time I go to North Indian restaurants I either have a naan or a lachha paratha and I’m sure many of you are like me as well. Some time back I showed you how to make naan at home, so this time why not learn how to make Lachha Paratha? Just the name gets you drooling, well its not too difficult to ease your hunger with this delicious Laccha Paratha Recipe. So next time when you are in a mood for spicy curry, serve it with a nice paratha like this.
All you need is (serves 4)
- Maida – 4 cup + for dusting
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Water for kneading
- Oil for frying
Lachha Paratha Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Mix maida with salt and milk. Add little water as needed while kneading this mixture to form a soft dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 min.
- Knead again for 5 to 6 min.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal balls.
- Roll the balls into as thin a circle as possible dusting with maida as needed.
- Smear 1 tsp oil over the disc, then picking from one of the ends keep folding across half a inch to form a zig-zag fan.
- Now fold the fan into a spiral, then flatten and roll it to make a 6 to 7 inch disc.
- Heat a tava and fry using little oil on both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot.