Malai has been used in India for ages. As kids, we used to have it mixed with sugar in the mornings and just loved it. With fresh milk available to all of India, this is one thing available in plenty in every house. Some people like to have it in their milk and some skim it of for further processing like making ghee or using it in cooking or even to splash it over roti and parathas. There are many different dishes which use malai as ingredient. Today I made use of it to make my breakfast, I put it over my toasted bread with some onion and tomato to make Malai Toast. I must say, I’d one of the most fulfilling of the breakfast’s, the taste, the moistness was all just perfect. Holidays after exams are already starting, so why not you also make this and whole family can enjoy a great taste in the morning. Here is Malai Toast Recipe.
- Bread slices – 4
- Malai – 4 tbsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Tomato – 1/4 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Ginger – 1 tsp (grated)
- Green chili – 1/2 tsp (cut in small pieces)
- Semolina – 1 tbsp
- Fresh green coriander – 1 tsp
- Til seeds – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil for shallow frying
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Cut bread slices into halves
- Mix all ingredients and apply on both sides of the slices.
- Heat oil in a non stick pan and shallow fry the bread slices from both sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot.