There are quite a few choices for Indian non-vegetarian dishes and its always good to have some bookmarked for regular use. Mutton Masaledar is one such recipe which can be used in your regular cooking. This dish of mutton is cooked with a lot of dahi and spices and turns out delicious with a nice color and texture of curry. It can be served with home made roti or paratha and goes well with all. The dish uses a number of whole spices as well as powdered spices to gets its taste. I’m sure you want to get to this recipe quickly and serve it to your family, so go ahead and use this Mutton Masaledar Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Mutton – 500 gms
- Onion – 2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Tomato – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Green cardamom – 4 to 5
- Cloves – 5 to 6
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Black peppercorns – 8 to 10
- Black cardamom – 4
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 2 tsp
- Dry red chili – 4 to 5
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Dahi – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Green coriander to garnish
How to make Mutton Masaledar
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 45 min.
- Roast the whole spices until a nice aroma starts to come.
- Grind them into a powder and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pressure pan, saute onions until light golden brown, add ginger garlic paste and saute for another 2 min.
- Add tomatoes and saute till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add mutton and fry till it changes color and dry.
- Add all the spices and saute for 8-10 min with little water as needed.
- Add dahi and fry for another 3-4 min.
- Pressure cook with 2 cups of water for 7-8 whistles or till mutton is done.
- Garnish with green coriander and serve.