Sprouts salad is a great fulfilling recipe. It can be consumed as a side dish or included in the main meal for lunch or dinner. This salad is a great choice for those who are working on losing weight, controlling levels of cholesterol or triglycerides. The vegetables used in this salad can be as per your wish; you do not have to stay limited up to the ones mentioned in this recipe. You can use boiled beans, broccoli, cauliflower, or carrots; any vegetables whichever ones you prefer. The choice of sauces can also be modified as per your taste.
Sprouts have many health benefits, which include:
- They are full of fiber
- Good source of protein
- Reduces cholesterol
- Enriched with Vitamin-A and Vitamin-C
- Helps in losing weight
- Improves eyesight
- Boosts hair growth
- Sprouts (Green gram)- half cup
- Red bell pepper- half cup, chopped
- Green bell pepper- half cup, chopped
- Onion- half cup, chopped
- Cucumber- half cup, chopped
- Tomato- half cup, chopped
- Sweet corn- half cup, boiled
- Black pepper- 2 tbsp.
- Olive oil- 1 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup- 3 tbsp.
- Barbeque sauce- 3 tbsp.
- Salt- to taste
- Honey- 1 tsp.
- Wash all the chopped vegetables and keep them aside.
- Take a large bowl; add the sprouts and bell peppers along with some salt. Give it a good stir.
- Now add all the other vegetables, and add the honey and mix it all well.
- In the vegetables, mix adds black pepper, tomato ketchup, and barbeque sauce and mix it again using a big spoon.
- After mixing all the ingredients well, refrigerate the salad for a minimum of 30 minutes. And it is ready to serve.