Noodles are very common in India and liked by everyone. They are sold at as street-side as well as high-end restaurants catering to every individual’s taste. Today I added sesame seeds and peanuts to give a different and unique flavouring to the noodles, and the result was Sesame Peanut Noodles. The seeds provide crunchiness, with the sesame seeds adding a nice flavour to the dish. These noodles can be served with any main course Chinese dish, such as kung pao chicken and veg manchurian. They are a good and different option to a regular main course. They are best served hot and fresh for a delectable taste. It’s easy and quick to make these noodles at home and I recommend using a wok instead of regular kadhai. Here is Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe for your use.
All you need is (serves 2)
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Peanut butter – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 6-8 cloves (cut in small pieces)
- Dry red chilies – 4 to 5
- Soy sauce – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds – 2 tsp
- Peanut – 1/4 cup
- Noodles – 200 gms
- Salt – 1 tbsp (for boiling)
- Spring onion – 1 tsp (for garnishing)
Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Soak dry red chilies in warm water for 10-15 min. Drain and blend to make a paste. Keep aside.
- In a pan boil water with salt.
- When it comes to a boil, add noodles and boil until they are done. Drain the water.
- Meanwhile, heat the sesame oil and peanut butter in a wok.
- Add garlic and saute for a few seconds.
- Add soy sauce, red-chili paste, and half each of sesame seeds and peanuts with noodles. Mix well.
- Crush the remaining peanuts.
- Garnish with spring onion, crushed peanuts and sesame seeds.
- Serve hot.