Marriages and festivals are always special in the Indian context and celebrated with a lot of enthusiasm. The rituals, clothes, jewellery and food all vary by the region and families and every sect and class has riches that stand out.
We will see one such different recipe today where different types of dry fruits are cooked as a sweet dish. They look awesome on the dessert plate and taste just out of the world. Shufta is a dish from Kashmir which anyway is famous for growing these dry fruits. I tried making this traditional dish at home and cannot resist digging deep into it. For sure this dish is a bit heavy on you, but then you can always keep it for a few days and help yourself with a portion whenever you like. So if you want to make this at home, just go ahead with this Shufta Recipe and enjoy a bowlful of goodness.
All you need is (serves multiple)
- Desi ghee – 2 tbsp
- Paneer – 1/4 cup (cut in small cubes)
- Dry coconut – 1/4 cup (cut in thin slices)
- Almonds – 1/4 cup
- Cashew nut – 1/4 cup
- Unsalted pista – 1/4 cup
- Walnut – 1/4 cup
- Kishmish – 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Soak all dry fruits (except dry coconut) in water for about 1 hour.
- Heat desi ghee in a kadhai and fry paneer cubes till golden brown.
- Remove the cubes and then fry coconut till light brown.
- Strain the water from dry fruits and add it in the ghee with paneer cubes.
- Add sugar and mix well, cook for 3 to 4 min till sugar is dissolved.
- Cool and serve.
832 total views, 3 views today