I had always liked eating fish, however it was mostly had a typical Indian curry or fried way. I got introduced to canned fish (mixed with water or oil) few years back during one of my travels. I saw how delicious recipes could be cooked with this preserved canned fish, the technology makes sure that the freshness of the fish is kept for a very long time. I started to make a dish which is suited well for the Indian palate. Tuna Kebabs are made with canned tuna (which is already shredded) and preserved in water. They go well as starters or breakfast and are absolutely delicious. I serve them with some green coriander chutney for the best taste. These cans are now available in most big super markets, so you too can make these kebabs using this Tuna Kebab Recipe.
- Tuna canned – 1 can (about 200 gms)
- Eggs – 2
- Potato – 1/2 cup (boiled and grated)
- Green chili – 1 to 2 (cut in small pieces)
- Onion – 1/2 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Fresh coriander – 4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
Method of Preparation
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
- Drain the water/ oil from the tuna.
- Mix tuna with all ingredients in a bowl.
- Make small kebabs with the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry the kebabs until brown from both sides.
- Take out on a kitchen tissue to dry the oil.
- Serve hot with green coriander chutney.