Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 15 min.
Veg Chowmein has been one of the most kids favorite dishes in the Indian street market; however, the name chowmein is more of an Americanized name for Chinese stir-fry noodles. While preparing the weekly menu for breakfast, I included Veg Chowmein for this week to give a different taste for one of the days, as it is equally liked by all at home irrespective of the age. The preparation and cooking is fairly straightforward and easy, so it is best to make and serve it fresh. You can add your favorite vegetables to the preparation. For instance, I like to add carrots, cabbage and capsicum.
Ingredients needed for Veg Chowmein
- Noodles – 300 gms
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Garlic – 6/7 cloves (chopped)
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Carrots – 1/2 cup (shredded)
- Green Capsicum – 1/2 (shredded)
- Salt to taste
- Soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Red chili sauce – 1 tbsp
How to make Veg Chowmein
- Boil the noodles as per manufacturers instructions.
- Heat the oil in a stir fry pan.
- Add chopped garlic cloves and fry for a min.
- Add vegetables and salt, cover and cook for 3/4 min on low heat.
- Add boiled noodles, soy sauce, vinegar and red chili sauce and mix well to combine.
- Cook for about a min.
- Serve fresh and hot with more chili/ tomato sauce.