The Pradhanmantri Sanghralaya, or the Museums of Prime Minister, attempts to give tribute to the Prime Ministers that served independent India. PM Narendra Modi inaugurated it on April 14, 2022. It aims to showcase to the world its contributions each of them made to making India what it is today. All of them belonged to different strata of the society, but they were determined to serve their nation and make it reach new heights in every field.
This Sangrahlaya is located in the Teen Murti Estate, the home of India’s first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, for 16 years. After his demise, the building was converted into Nehru Museum. It is now renovated and transformed into the Pradhanmantri Sanghralaya.
The building is a mix of the latest technology and history. It has adopted a modern architectural style with Ashok Chakra on its top surface. It has a total of 43 galleries that tells the story of 15 Prime Ministers of India using new-age technologies like Virtual reality, Augmented Reality, etc.
Let’s have a look at other features of the Sanghralaya:
You can explore the following places at the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya:
- The study area of Pandit Nehru
- Memorable Speeches of Nehru
- Toshakhana Zone
- India at Independence: The British Legacy
- Makers of the Indian Constitution
- India becomes a Republic
- Constitutional Amendments
- Early Life and Political Journey till 1946
- Partition 1947
- Freedom and Unity
- Time Machine
- Lal Qile ki Prachir Se
- Bhavishya ki Jhalkiyan
And many more.
March to October
Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00 AM to 6.00 PM
November to February
Tuesday to Sunday: 10.00 AM to 5.00 PM
Remains closed on Monday and Gazetted Holidays
For Indian Nationals
|Online (in INR)||Offline (in INR)|
|Sangrahalaya Ticket (more than 12 years)||₹100||₹110|
|Sangrahalaya + Light & Sound Show (more than 12 years)||₹150||₹160|
|Sangrahalaya + Planetarium + Light & Sound Show (more than 12 years)||₹200||₹220|
|Only Light & Sound Show (more than 12 years)||₹75||₹85|
|Child age 5 to 12 years||Half of Price||Half of Price of Adult|
|VR Helicopter Ride: Bhavishya ki Jhalkiyan||₹60||₹60|
For Foreign Nationals
|Price (in INR)|
|Sangrahalaya + Light & Sound Show||₹1125|
|Sangrahalaya + Planetarium||₹1125|
|Sangrahalaya + Planetarium + Light & Sound Show||₹1500|
|Only Light & Sound Show||₹550|
|Child age 5 to 12 years||Half of Price per Child|
|VR Helicopter Ride: Bhavishya ki Jhalkiyan||₹60|
Note: The light and Sound show has not started yet.
- Keep a valid Id as proof of your age to be shown at the museum entrance.
- Keep a valid ID proof to get a student discount.
- Wheelchairs are available at the museum at no extra cost.
- Audio guides are available for all activities in the museum.
- Special tours can be organised upon advanced request.
- Discounts are available for a group (minimum of 20 people) and school/college bookings.
- Parking is available for limited two-wheelers and four-wheelers.
Teen Murti Marg,
New Delhi 110011
How to reach the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya?
The nearest metro station to the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is Lok Kalyan Marg on the yellow line. It is at a distance of 1.8 Km.
The nearest bus stand to the Pradhanmantri Sangrahalaya is Teen Murti. 604, 620, 630, 632, 680, 720, 783, and 890 are the buses that operate on this route.