Pulwama Cries for Action
Why did Pulwama happen? Where is our intelligence? Where is our counter intelligence? We always talk about our people in Pakistan’s administration and defense forces, where were they? Busy watching Uri or Raazi and congratulating themselves?
Yesterday we were once again exposed as a nation. Our children and the world saw us as a banana republic and a sleeping duck where a Pulwama can happen. Sad and unacceptable. Lot of tweets and posts are saying Uri and Pulwama are like Apple and Orange, they are not comparable, why? Why are they not comparable? Are Apples and Oranges not classified as fruits? Uri and Pulwama are fruits of our negligence and fruits of our focus on publicity over ground reality.
When Uri happened as a nation we got a movie on what we did after Uri, it made loads of money for its producers, yes for its producers. Pulwama happened yesterday, nobody is talking about why we didn’t learn from Uri. In my opinion why Uri happened was more important than what we did after it. Why Pulwama happened is way more important than what we will do now.
A few options for our government
Here are a few options for our Government, there is no rocket science out here, these options are visible to each citizen of this “great” country.
- Declare a national mourning and let President and Prime Minister participate in it.
- Recall our High Commissioner to Islamabad and downgrade mission a few notches lower.
- Stop all border trade. Yes, MFN status has been withdrawn but that should be just the beginning.
- Give a list of accused by name and geo-coordinates to Pakistan, in an open letter. Tell them to handover murderers and their masterminds and their fathers, founding fathers and surrogate fathers.
- Organize protests at all Indian schools within India and abroad and let India’s businesses and institutions everywhere in the world fly National Flag at halfmast and a black flag alongside.
- Revoke Indus Water Treaty and all other treaties. We shouldn’t feed our enemy.
- Conduct an exercise in Arabian Sea with UAE, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Maldives and Bangladesh as close to Karachi as international waters permit.
- Use good offices with Saudi Arabia and the US to stop financial bailout of Pakistan.
- Let us not be selective in “constitution taking a back seat”, let us suspend Article 370. Hold a special session of Parliament in Srinagar.
- Let our guns roar nonstop at LOC for weeks together. Let Pakistan hear earsplitting blasts not just in and around LOC but make sure glass-ceilings and glass-panes shatter all the way in twin cities of Islamabad and Rawalpindi.
I know my opinion and suggestions maybe considered overboard but ask those families who lose their loved ones in service of the nation like this.
Background: Over 2,000 CRPF Soldiers/Personnel were returning back from their leaves. Their convoy of over 70 vehicles was attacked by terrorists. Most damage was inflicted by a suicide bomber who rammed his SUV with over 300 KG of explosives, including more than 50 KG of RDX. Exact number of causalities is not known to this writer, however the figures indicate above 40 soldiers/personnel/policemen have been martyred.