Location: Southern end of Cavelossim beach, South Goa
One of the most happening and ecstatic beaches in Goa, Mobor Beach is located at the southern-end of the Cavelossim beach. Known for having one of the most picturesque views, it is also popular for the adventure sports, impelling parties and a number of shows that are held here. It is, thus, the most crowded and the noisiest beach in South Goa.
Named after the nearest village, Mobor Beach was left unexplored till the 1980s. It was after the 1980s that it gained prominence due to the opening of a number of luxury hotels there. Mobor beach is surrounded with water from three sides providing us with a captivating view of the nature. The sand here is very fine and light in color, perfect for walking across barefoot. The sand dunes and the coconut palms that grow here add to the incandescent beauty of the place. The amalgamation of the River Sal with the Arabian Sea engenders a spectacular sight to grasp.
Mobor Beach is also an ideal location for sea and river cruises which bring forward the diversity of wildlife in South Goa. Exotic birds, huge bats, fishes and oysters are some of the attractions of this beach. Mobor beach is the hub of a wide variety of water activities like water-skiing, jet skiing, windsurfing,sailing, boating, parasailing, etc. You can also relish bike rides, both in the sands and in the water. So the next time you plan for a holiday, opt for this exclusive destination for having the best of time!
- Visit Mobor beach during September-march for best experience
- Grab a deck-chair and an umbrella absolutely free for a soothing sunbath
- Indulge in sea and river cruises for an amazing view of dolphin habitats
- Have an unforgettable diving experience with an experienced instructor
- Enjoy fishing and catch oysters to spend some quality time at the beach
- Don’t miss out on the delicious food and refreshing drinks offered at the shacks
- Take back some souvenirs, antiques and handicrafts from the beach side local shops