Ice cream is enjoyed by people all over the world as their favourite dessert. After all, its business remained low for the last two years due to the pandemic. The summer is here, and the ice cream business is showing progress this year.
If you want to start a low investment business this summer, an ice cream parlour can be a good option. An ice cream parlour can be started with an initial expenditure from Rs 2 lakh to Rs 10 lakh.
Best ice cream franchises and their cost:
According to www.franchiseindiaweb.in,
- Baskin Robbins is the best world-leading ice cream franchise. The total investment is 10-20 lakhs.
- Kwality Wall’s franchise is the fastest-growing venture of Hindustan Unilever Limited. The investment in Kwality Wall’s starts from 2 lakhs.
- Havmor is trending on top in the ice cream market. The growth of this company is increasing rapidly. The setup cost of it begins from 2 lakhs.
Here are the things you need to buy for an ice cream parlour:
- A spacious area
To open an ice cream shop, you need to buy a 500 sq ft shop in a good location with an electricity and water system.
- A good freezer
Apart from a good freezer and chiller, the seating arrangement will also be needed for the customers to sit. In a power outage, a generator will also have to be arranged. Also, one or two employees will have to be hired.
If you want, you can save the expenses of the employees by adding yourself and family members to the business.
- Franchise or Independent Model If you want, you can take a franchise of any brand like Amul, Vadilal, Kwality Walls or open an independent parlour and keep many brands of ice cream.
- Advantages of the Franchise Model
If you follow the franchise model, you will get the brand’s marketing, advertising, business, and promotional support.
- Independent model
If you open an independent parlour, your franchise fee will be saved, and customers will get many brands of ice cream in one place. You can also create your brand as the sales increase.
- Earning in ice cream parlours:
Usually, ice cream has a margin of 20% on the MRP. If you sell 3 lakh rupees worth of ice cream in a month, then Rs 60,000 can be earned.
However, from this, you have to deduct the running cost. You can also store items like Dairy Products, Wafers, Chocolate, Shakes, Pizza, Hot Chocolate, Cold Drinks, Sandwiches, and Gift Items in your parlour, depending on the season, in addition to Ice Cream, with a margin of 30% or more.