Although most of the times we talk about breakfast eggs, today we’ll have a look at a main course, which is Masala Egg Curry. Boiled eggs are added to a regular Indian masala curry made using onions, tomatoes and other spices to bring out the best taste. Masala Egg Curry is best enjoyed with Indian breads like homemade roti or paratha, and can be served in any of the main meals. So let’s see how to make this delicious curry, with this Masala Egg Curry Recipe.
Ingredients needed for Masala Egg Curry
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Tomato – 1 cup (cut in small pieces)
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garam masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to make Masala Egg Curry
- Hard-boil the eggs and remove the shell. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Once it is hot, add onions and fry on medium flame until they turn light golden-brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and fry for another min.
- Add tomatoes with a little water, and fry for a min.
- Add all the dry masala and fry for about 2 min.
- Add 1 cup water and let it boil.
- Cut the boiled eggs into halves and add it to the curry and let them cook for a min.
- Serve hot with roti or paratha.