Egg Curry with Coconut Milk Recipe
Eggs are a good source of proteins and essential amino acids. Coming from the northern part of India, egg curry was a regular on the menu every few days at our home. The curry was made in a fairly similar way by parching the onions, adding masala and tomatoes, etc. However since I started to travel across India, I found that the same curry is cooked and consumed in various Indian states with slight variations, each of them bringing some local flavors. I’ve started to love these variations as it helps me to create a different taste every time I cook the dish and I keep getting praises from my family and guests on being innovative. I’m sure you too can create these slight variations to your every day cooking and surprise your family and guests. Here I’ve made egg curry with coconut milk, a variation which comes from the southern part of India and it gives a lovely flavor, color and appeal. I’m sure you would love this recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Egg Curry with Coconut Milk
- Eggs- 6 (hard boiled and cut into half)
- Oil -4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Dried red chilies – 3-4
- Onion-2 cups (thinly sliced)
- Ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Tomato-1 cup (chopped)
- Coriander powder- 2tsp
- Red chili powder-1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp
- Kitchen king masala-1/2 tsp
- Garam masala-1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk -1/2 cup
How to make Egg Curry with Coconut Milk
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottom pan.
- When the oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds starts splattering, add curry leaves and dried red chilies.
- Add onions and fry till they turn translucent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and fry for 4-5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, kitchen king masala, garam masala and salt.
- Fry till the oil comes out.
- Add two cups of water and cover the pan and simmer on medium heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and halved eggs.
- Cook for a minute.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Related Recipes :