We all know oats are healthy. Regular use of oats helps in reducing cholesterol and blood pressure. They also give a good amount of dietary fibre and proteins. However, even though it is so healthy, generally the usage of oats is pretty less in the Indian context. One of the reasons I’ve heard from a lot of my friends is the regular oats are very bland and not good for Indian palate. Did you know we can make these simple oats very different and tasty by adding some vegetables and masala to it? Masala oats for sure would suit the Indian taste and also bring a lot of benefits as usual. So why not include them in breakfast every now and then? It’s simple and easy to cook them, and makes your breakfast different. So try them out with this easy to follow Masala Oats Recipe.
- Oats – 1 cup
- Water – 2 cup
- Olive oil – 1 tsp
- Onion – 2 tbsp (chopped)
- Green peas – 2 tbsp
- Corn – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- Cashew nuts for garnishing
How to make Masala Oats
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- Heat olive in a pan, add onions and fry till transparent.
- Add salt, black pepper powder, coriander powder, garam masala and fry for a min.
- Add water and let it come to a boil.
- Add oats, green peas, corn, lemon juice and cook for about 4-5 min.
- Garnish with fresh coriander and cashew nuts.
- Serve hot.