Pindi Chana Masala Recipe
Chickpeas belong to the legumes family and are a good source of proteins. They are used all around the world and extensively in India in different forms. Here is one very famous chickpeas recipe called Pindi Chana Masala. The preparation of Pindi Chana Masala is really spicy and goes well with any Indian bread along with some onions and your choice of achaar while it can also be had with zeera rice. The taste of anardana, zeera roasted during the preparation gives it a unique taste, while it also provides light crunchiness and helps in digestion. This recipe is a excellent combo taste of these raw roasted seeds with chole and it is just impossible to say no to this preparation, so use this simple recipe to create Pindi Chana Masala and enjoy it in your next meal.
Ingredients needed for Pindi Chana Masala
- Chole – 1 cup (soaked overnight)
- Tea leaves – 2 tsp
- Anardana powder – 1 tbsp
- Zeera – 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cloves – 5/6
- Black pepper – 10/12
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 cup (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (chopped)
- Tamarind paste – 2 tsp
- Oil – 3 tbsp
How to make Pindi Chana Masala
- Boil tea leaves with 2 cups of water and strain the water.
- Add soaked chole, 2 tsp salt and tea water in a pressure cooker.
- Boil till chole are done.
- In a pan roast anardana, zeera, coriander seeds, cloves and black pepper corn till lightly browned.
- Cool and blend in a blender.
- In a heavy bottom pan heat the oil, add onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add the blended masala and tomato and green chili.
- Fry for 2 minutes and add boiled chana and ginger, cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with kulcha or bhature.