Lockdown 3.0 has commenced from today, i.e. May 4, as India’s novel coronavirus count has crossed 42,000. The Union government has given several relaxations in Green, Orange, and Red zones, which is a sigh of relief for the commoners. But the government has been monitoring the hotspots areas actively because it doesn’t like to squander the gains that have been achieved so far in the fight against novel coronavirus.
The Delhi government took a big stride on Sunday and decided to implement lockdown relaxations in many sectors prescribed by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said, “Time has come to re-open Delhi. We will have to be ready to live with coronavirus.”
Here is the list of relaxation and instructions for the third phase of the lockdown declared by the Delhi government.
Relaxations in Delhi during lockdown 3.0
- Delhi government offices will function as usual from Monday. One hundred per cent attendance is essential for those offices which provide essential services.
- Non-essential government offices will function with 33 per cent of staff in the presence of deputy secretary.
- Private offices can also operate with a limit of 33 per cent staff.
- Flight, Delhi Metro and bus will not operate in Delhi.
- The services of E-Rickshaw, autos, taxis, inter-district buses will remain closed.
- Schools, malls, and gyms will remain shut.
- All the gatherings – political, cultural, and social will remain suspended.
- Salons and barbershops will have to wait for more.
- People’s movement will remain suspended from 7 PM to 7 AM.
- Medical clinics have been given permission to function in Red, Orange, and Green zones, but distancing norms must be followed.
- Permission has been given to self-employed personnel to resume their activities.
- Stationery shops have got the nod to open.
- In the wedding function, up to 50 people can participate while in funeral only 20 can join.
- IT hardware and e-commerce firms have been allowed to provide the necessary services.
- Essential goods manufacturing units, including drugs, pharmaceuticals, packaging units, are allowed to function.
- Liquor, paan, gutka shops have got permission to operate, but people have to make at least six feet distance, and not more than five men can gather at a shop.
- Agricultural activities have been allowed to function.
- Financial sectors like banking services, non-banking finance companies (NBFCs), insurance will remain open.
- All goods vehicles which carry essential items have been allowed to maintain the supply chain of goods in the country during the lockdown period.
More than 40 days have passed since the announcement of the first lockdown by the Central government. Many people, especially daily wagers, have lost their means to earn their livelihood, the economy is staggering, and the government has lost an essential source of revenue. Therefore, Delhi CM has decided to open the national capital and give the above-mentioned relaxations.