In a press release taken out by the Press Information Bureau (PIB) has confirmed two more positive coronavirus cases reported in India. The two patients are from Delhi and Telangana. The patient from Delhi had travelled to Italy, while the one from Telangana has a travel record of Dubai. The man from Telangana has been identified as a Bengaluru based techie who travelled on a bus to Hyderabad. As of now, the government is putting everyone he has been in touch with on his journey on scrutiny. According to the PIB, both the patients are under observation and are stable. Prior to this, India has recorded three other Covid19 cases from the state of Kerala.
India’s Health Ministry in a press conference has confirmed the presence of the two more cases of the virus in India, putting the total at five confirmed cases.
Health Minister Harsh Vardhan briefed a press conference today that India will now screen passengers coming from 12 countries, including Vietnam, Malaysia, Nepal, Indonesia, Iran and Italy.
The screenings will take place in 21 airports, 12 major seaports and 65 minor ports.
So far, a total of 3,217 samples have tested negative for coronavirus, five tested positive and 23 are still under testing, Vardhan added.
The number of acknowledged cases of the deadly Coronavirus also known as 2019-nCoV which is spreading around the world is rapidly increasing. The epidemic which is known to have started from Wuhan has become more lethal and notorious than the earlier SARS outbreak in mainland China in 2003. The same is acknowledged and reported in all major publications around the world.
The Indian government has put all major airports on high alert, and it has also created a round-the-clock helpline centre to assist citizens with their queries and connect for suspected cases.
During this chaotic time, one must follow certain hygiene measures to contain the likely spread of coronavirus. The World Health Organization (WHO) has come up with some standard recommendations for ways to prevent the spread of this infection.
Preventive measures for Coronavirus
These measures are to be practised by the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission to the virus.
– Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water;
– When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue – throw the tissue away immediately and wash hands;
– Avoid close contact with anyone who has fever and cough;
– If you have fever, cough and difficulty in breathing, seek medical care early and share previous travel history with your health care provider;
– When visiting live markets in areas currently experiencing cases of a novel coronavirus, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
– The consumption of raw or undercooked animal products should be avoided. Raw meat, milk or animal organs should be handled with care, to avoid cross-contamination with uncooked foods, as per good food safety practices.
Besides these measures, here are some other steps that one must follow.
1. Use mask – Try to wear a mask when you are in a public place. It will help.
2. If you feel slightly feverish, monitor and check your body temperature. Make sure that your body temperature is under control and normal.
4. Avoid large gatherings or crowded places – Avoid public places and big gatherings if you can.
5. Never touch your face or mouth with unclean hands
There is no specific antiviral treatment recommended for 2019-nCoV infection. People infected with the virus should receive supportive care to help relieve symptoms. People who think they may have been exposed to 2019-nCoV should contact your healthcare provider immediately.
We wish our readers and users to be safe and hence this message is issued for the purpose of your safety and to spread awareness about the preventive measures of the ongoing coronavirus infection.
5,820 total views, 7 views today