M Venkaiah Naidu, the Urban Development Minister, launched the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) housing scheme in New Delhi on 30 June 2017. Linked with the Pradhan Mantri Aawas Yojna, this scheme is again a vision of PM Modi to provide the middle class families of India with affordable housing by 2022.
Naidu told a gathering at Nirman Bhavan in New Delhi that this housing scheme is a step in the direction of making homes more affordable for the not so affluent.
The 12,000 flats on offer are located primarily in Rohini, Dwarka, Narela, Vasant Kunj, Jasola, Pitampura and Paschim Vihar. Of the 12,000 flats, 10,000 are from the DDA’s 2014 housing scheme, while 2000 have been lying vacant. The flats have been constructed using environment-friendly technologies.
The DDA has printed adequate number of application forms and ensured that everything is in order as there are various logistical constraints involved in launching a scheme of this magnitude.
DDA has also tied up with 10 banks including Axis Bank, Yes Bank, IDBI, Bank of Baroda, Central Bank, State Bank of India (SBI), Kotak Mahindra, HDFC, ICICI and Canara Bank for the sale of the application forms as well as transactions related to the scheme.
DDA Housing Scheme – Eligibility Criteria
- Any citizen of India of 18 years and above can apply.
- The applicant should not own any other flat or plot in Delhi under his/her name or spouse or children.
- Only one application allowed per person.
- Both husband and wife can apply individually but if both get allotted, only one can avail of the scheme to retain a singular flat.
- Applicants will get a month’s time to fulfill all formalities.
- The Lucky Draw for the DDA Flat Scheme, 2017, will take place in the first week of July/August and the possession will be given in October, 2017, to the winners.
- Payment can be made through Demand Draft, Cheque or online payment.
The Documents Required to apply for flat under the DDA housing scheme
- Self attested copy of Pan Card
- Self-attested Proof of Residence- Any of the documents including Passport, Aadhaar Card, Election ID Card, Ration Card etc will do.
- Self-attested Bank Pass book copy.
- Income Tax return filed for the assessment year 2016-17.
- Ownership proof of the property in which the applicant is currently residing.
- Proof in case of SC/ST, Other reserved categories and physically handicapped.
6 total views, 1 views today