Live Updates of Tauktae cyclone:
- 6 people have been killed in Maharashtra. Relief operations on the priority of the government.
- Alert issued in 14 districts of Gujarat.
- ‘Extremely severe’ Cyclone Tauktae will make landfall in Gujarat tonight.
IMDModel with Satellite image generated at 1430hrs of today 17th in connection with the Extremely severe cyclonic storm over the Arabian sea generated by METCAP software.
IMDModel with Satellite image generated at 1430hrs of today 17th in connection with the Extremely severe cyclonic storm over the Arabian sea generated by METCAP software. pic.twitter.com/BWXNbqTyKB
— India Meteorological Department (@Indiametdept) May 17, 2021
- Indian states Goa and Maharashtra are witnessing heavy rainfall with strong winds as Cyclone Tauktae makes its way towards Gujarat.
- The Arabian Sea turns rough, in wake of Cyclone Tauktae.
Cyclone Tauktae, early this morning the cyclone intensified into an extremely severe cyclonic storm. It will reach the Gujarat coast by the evening today with gusts of up to 200 km per hour, as per the weather department.
Since last night, Mumbai and the areas nearby experienced gusty winds and rains the Tauktae cyclone was heading towards Gujarat, officials said. There was no water-logging reported anywhere in the city, but trees have been seen uprooted at places, they said.