The IRCTC plans to launch two new circuits of their flagship luxury train Maharajas’ Express named Southern Sojourn and Southern Jewels this year. The luxury tour, aimed at the premium segment, will cover tourist destinations in West and South India.
In the West, named the Southern Sojourn, the trip will start in Mumbai, covering Goa, Hampi, Mysore, Ernakulam, Kumarkom and Trivandrum.
In the South, the Southern Jewels will begin the journey from Trivandrum and will cover Chettinad, Mahabalipuram, Mysore, Hampi and Goa.
The duration of the journey of both the routes is eight days and seven nights.
The regular trips will be launched in September 2017. However, the two new tour circuits aiming to cater the domestic travellers will be planned during the monsoon months of June and July, 2017.
The Features of The Luxury Train
- The Maharaja’s Express is a 23-coach train.
- The train can accommodate about 88 guests.
- Maharaja’s Express promises to offer one of the finest luxury travel experiences in India.
- It is well equipped with state-of-the-art features that include on-board water filtration plants, spacious cabin sizes with no bunk beds, and two bar-cum-lounges as well as two restaurants.
The Tariff for the Maharaja’s Express is as follows:
- Tariff is Rs 5,00,680 for deluxe cabin for adult and Rs 3,77,670 for single supplement.
- Rs 7,23,420 for adult (junior suite) and Rs 6,52,280 for single supplement.
- Suite will cost Rs 10,09,330 for adult as well as single supplement.
- The presidential suite will cost Rs 17,33,410 for adult and single supplement.
- Prices will come down if one shares.
- On the booking of the adult on twin-sharing at full cost, the second adult sharing the same cabin will be on complimentary basis.
- Passengers will also be allowed to avail a part of the journey at a fixed cost of Rs 33,250 per day per person on twin-sharing basis. Charges will be Rs 53,200 per person per day for single occupancy. These prices are exclusive of tax and can be availed of for a maximum of two nights and three days.