Counted among the world’s wondrous houses of worship, Akshardham Temple in New Delhi showcases the blend of technical modernity with traditional architectural styles. Covering an area of over 86,000 square feet, the grandeur and wisdom behind the temple is best when experienced. The temple gives a deep insight into the values of Hinduism and numerous tradition which were followed during various time periods. Akshardham Temple was inaugurated on 6 November, 2005. It took just five years to complete this monumental temple with help of thousands of skilled craftsman and its structure is designed in a way that it can last for 1000 years or more.
- Mandir: Made of pink stones and white marble, the main temple was built without the use of steel. Decorated with domes, carved pillars and 20,000 murtis (statues), it is simply divine.
- Hall of Values (Sahajanand Pradarshan): The audio-animatronics show conveys the messages of wisdom and the true meaning of living life by practicing – ahimsa or non-violence, vegetarianism, morality and harmony. Each statue appears so real.
- Giant Screen Film (Neelkanth Yatra): The film revolves around a child yogi, Neelkanth Varni. The screen is over six stories high. The film is one of its kind and is first movie made in large format film of India. Interestingly, the movie is shot at 108 different places and has a cast of more than 40,000 individuals.
- Boat Ride (Sanskruti Vihar): One should not miss the boat ride when in Akshardham. This twelve-minute ride will be like a ride into 10,000 years of India’s heritage. From Vedic life to Takshashila and an era of ancient discoveries – you’ll get to experience it all.
- Musical Fountains (Yagnapurush Kund): The musical fountain show is held in the evening and showcases the interdependency between God, nature and man. It is an extraordinary experience. The fountain consist of the nine lotus design at the central pool with a 27 feet tall bronze figure of Neelkanth Varni.
- Garden of India (Bharat Upvan): Manicured lawns and gardens with bronze statues add on to the charm of the entire complex. Yogihriday Kamal is a special lotus that reflects auspicious sentiments.
- Abhishek Mandap: Water is poured on to the idol of Neelkanth Varni which is followed by chanting and prayers. Visitors are also allowed to perform the abhishek of the idol.
- The Sahaj Anand Water Show: The breath-taking shows run for 24 minutes and depict, through various intriguing media, the story from the Kena Upanishad. Multi-colour lasers, underwater flames, video projections and water jets make the show captivating.
NH 24, Pramukh Swami Maharaj Marg, New Delhi 110092
Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha (BAPS)
Entry: 10 am to 6.30 pm
Exhibition: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
Exhibition Tickets: 10 am to 5 pm
Musical Fountain: 7.15 pm
Mandir: 10 am to 8 pm, Arti: 10.30 am and 6 pm
Complex Entry: Free
Exhibition: Rs. 250 (Adults), Rs. 200 (Senior Citizens), Rs. 150 (Child from 4-11 years), Free (Child Below 4 years)
Musical Fountain: Rs. 90 (Adults), Rs. 90 (Senior Citizens), Rs. 60 (Child from 4-11 years), Free (Child Below 4 years)
Closed on: Mondays
Photography, Mobile Phones and other Electronics: Not Allowed (Cloakroom Available)
Food Court: Tourists can enjoy pure, fresh vegetarian food and snacks at Premvati Food Court.
ATM: Can be spotted at Visitor’s Center.
Telephone Booth: Can be spotted at Visitors’ Center, Food Court and Exhibition exits.
Wheel Chairs: Available at the entrance before security clearance. Physically challenged, elderly and needy can avail it for free.
Restrooms: Throughout the campus.
Parking: There is a paid parking facility
- No electronic items are allowed inside the temple complex. Do not carry mobile phones or cameras.
- Extensive checking of all visitors is present at the entrance.
- The temple is closed on Mondays.
- Ample parking space is available.
- Food items cannot be carried inside.
- Dress up conservatively to respect the dignity of the place.
- Pets are not allowed.
Heritage Walk in Old Delhi
Pottery Village in Delhi
Metro Walk in New Delhi : Entry Fee, Timing, Address, Rides
Tibetan (Monastery) Market in Delhi
Khan Market in Delhi
The Iconic Dolls Museum in Delhi
Top 5 Shopping Malls in Delhi
Murthal: The Parantha Junction for Travellers
Five Most Amazing Gardens of Delhi
Top Five South Indian Restaurants in Delhi
Fun n Food Village in Delhi
Worlds of Wonder
Splash – The Water Park
Just Chill Water & Fun Park
Kalindi Kunj Water Park
Bibi-ka-Maqbara : The Mini Taj Mahal
Chidiya Ghar – National Zoological Park in Delhi
The Garden of Five Senses, New Delhi
Agrasen Ki Baoli: Secret Wonder of Delhi
Famous Temples in Delhi
Jhandewalan Mandir in Delhi
Delhi Metro Map