Jalavihar is a family entertainment and a water park. It is one of the prime tourist attractions in Hyderabad city, located in Telengana. Covering an area of 12.5 acres, Jalavihar is strategically located. It is situated besides the Sanjeevaiah Park and along the Hussain Sagar lake on the Necklace Road in the heart of the state capital of Telangana.
Jalavihar Park History
- This project was developed under a public-private partnership model, taken up by the local tourism department and a group of individuals, including R. J. Rao, a non-resident Indian, with a fund value of Rs. 200 million.
- In 2000, N. Chandrababu Naidu-government allocated an area of 12.5 acres of land on the Necklace road for this project.
- Though the project was sanctioned in 2000, yet, initially, the project could not take off due to problems related to land encroachment and ownership.
- In mid-2006, after a prolonged legal proceeding, India’s apex court gave the green signal for work on the project.
- The park was formally inaugurated on 20 May 2007.
- This park, the outcome of a public-private partnership model, became very profitable and as such the local government in 2010 proposed to continue this trend of developing projects in the state.
- In 2013, to further promote this amusement park, Adinfinitum, an on-line development and social marketing company, was employed for a period of five years to take up the responsibilities of redeveloping the website, take up online marketing and other social marketing requirements.
Jalavihar Park Attractions
There are two main zones of the park: The Party Zone and the Entertainment Zone with all fun activities, games and rides.
There are three party zones in the park. The first one is the beautiful ampitheatre zone with lush green lawns that can accommodate about 2,000 people. The second is the Aesthetic Vedhika zone, which can accommodate close to 300 people. There is the Grand view party zone, which can accommodate 150 people. The entire party zone in the park is just perfect for grand family occasions or corporate events.
- Wave pool: This is supposed to be the largest in the country, a swimming pool where there are artificially generated large waves, like those of the ocean waves. This pool is 18,000 square feet and can accommodate around 1,000 people at a time. The pool occupies only 10% of the total area of the park.
- Water rides: The park offers some very thrilling water rides for all age groups. From rides in the pool to adventurous multilane rides, there are 10 such rides. There are some special rides meant for the kids only.
- Dry rides: The park also has exclusive zones for dry rides such as scary house, bungee jumping, bouncy castle, bull ride, battery bike, bumper car, mini train, super jet, etc.
- Rain dance: Another prime attraction is the area exclusively for rain dance, where kids and adults dance to the latest chartbusters while water is jet sprayed on them from all sides.
- Fun activities: Besides the rides, you can also opt for other games and fun activities known by various names such as float slide, moon walker, mini joker, pendulum, mini aqua trailers, tilt bucket, mushroom umbrella, rainbow wheel and many more.
- Game zone: The park also offers a game zone where visitors can play video games, air hockey, water shooter, basketball, cricket etc.
- Food Court: Last but not the least, how can we forget the food court? Being a perfect family entertainment park, it also has a food court, serving a wide range of delicious cuisines. It is a routine for all regular visitors and the tourists to head to the food stalls after having enjoyed the rides to the fullest.
Jalavihar Park Facts
- This park is safe as the management ensures the safety of each of its visitors. There are well-trained life guards in every nook and corner of the park who see to the visitors’ safety. First-aid centres are also located inside the park.
- The park also has counters to get costumes and lockers on rent with a small deposit amount.
- For men: Beach shorts / Tights / Shorts of nylon material allowed.
- For women: Swim wear/ Leggings/Tights/Tees of nylon material allowed. Sarees and Salwar Kameezs are strictly not allowed.
- For kids: Swim wear/ Beach wear in Nylon only allowed.
For water rides, clothes are available on rent.
Jalavihar Park Entry Timing
Morning 11:00am to Evening 7:00pm; Open for all days in a week
Address of Jalavihar
22/9, Necklace Rd, Hussain Sagar, Hyderabad, Telangana 500063
Jalavihar Park Entry Fee
- Rupees 350 per person: Above 3 Feet Height
- Rupees 250 per person: Below 3 Feet Height
More Related Information