As a food lover, I always look out for recipes for a healthy and filling breakfast. One such recipe I came across and I’m sharing with you is Chana Usli. This dish comes to you from the State of Karnataka, and would suit the palate of all Indians. It can be made quickly and is low in bad calories, while it tastes really good. I garnished it with ground coconut and some dhania leaves for a nice appeal. It’s good for your family and gives you the good nutritional proteins. If you want, some more chilly can be added to the preparation or may be some chaat masala to make it taste slightly different, however I’ve shared here just the usual preparation. This is also a good option to pack in the school lunch boxes or serve in the main meals as a side dish. I’m sure you would love the preparation, so here is Chana Usli Recipe to use.
- Chana – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Sarson seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Heeng – 1/4 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 to 2 (chopped)
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Salt to taste
- Coconut – 1 tbsp (ground)
- Dhania leaves for garnishing
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
How to make Chana Usli
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Soak the chana in warm water through the night.
- Pressure cook the soaked chana with salt until done.
- Heat oil in a pan, add sarson seeds, heeng, curry leaves and green chilly and let it crackle.
- Add cooked chana and mix well. Cook for about 4 to 5 min.
- Garnish with ground coconut, dhania leaves and lemon juice.
- Serve hot.
471 total views, 4 views today