Looking to buy the best car under INR 10 lakh this festive season? Here’s our list of top 10 cars on Indian roads (in your budget) that you will love –
- Honda City – The Honda City has been the pride of its owners and the envy of others for a while now. The City’s basic petrol and diesel variants are still the best buy under INR 10 lakh, though the top-end variants may exceed your budget. Honda designed and produced this car for comfort and comfort alone. From the plush interiors to the sunroof, from a touchscreen infotainment option to camera sided reversing – the ride in your City is sure to be a smooth one. The V i VTEC Petrol variant comes with a 1497-CC engine and offers a mileage of 17.4 kilometres per litre.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz – The Maruti Suzuki has always represented reliability and value for money for Indian car owners. With the Ciaz, the auto maker has proved its mettle for luxury as well. The Ciaz came as a replacement for the SX4 and indeed offers much more. With 9 petrol variants and 6 diesel variants, you have much to choose from. The diesel versions come with a 1248-CC engine and offer 28.1 kilometres per litre, while the petrol versions have a 1373-CC engine and offer between 19.1 and 20.7 kilometres per litre. The petrol VxiPlus AT is its only automatic transmission offering.
- Renault Duster – Here’s another car which is the darling of Indian roads. This 5-seater SUV is quite a city favourite but is great for long distance and mountain climbs, too. The new Renault Duster comes in 15 different variants including petrol and diesel options, manual or automatic transmission versions with 1461-CC or 1598-CC engines. The Duster carries a INR 8.5 lakh upward price tag and its diesel versions offer a minimum mileage of 19.3 kilometres per litre.
- Hyundai Verna – If great looks, fuel efficiency and a controlled city ride is what you’re looking for, then Hyundai’s Verna should be your pick. The ex-showroom price of the Verna in Delhi starts at INR 7.89 lakh. The Verna comes in 12 different variations and in both petrol and diesel options. The higher end variations are automatic and the 1396-CC Petrol variant gives us a mileage of 17.4 kilometres per litre. Apart from the classy interiors, Verna comes with a number of luxurious features such as the multifunction steering wheel which allows you to take calls and play your favourite music without taking your hands off.
- Ford EcoSport – This compact sports utility vehicle by Ford was launched in 2013, but is still going strong. The EcoSport is available in 1 litre and 1.5 litre petrol and diesel options and is equipped with a host of security options. With a fuel efficiency of about 22.27 kilometre per litre (diesel) and 15.85 kilometre per litre (petrol), the EcoSport price range is pegged between INR 6.93 lakh and INR 9.82 lakh. The 1498-CC 98.59 BHP engine and the host of security features make it a great buy this festive season.
- Volkswagen Vento – The Vento is Volkswagen’s offering for those looking for a spacious and comfortable yet good-looking family sedan. The Vento comes in 10 variants – 5 each in diesel and petrol and its top variants are automatic as well. The diesel variants come with a 1498-CC engine and provide a mileage of 20.6 kilometres per litre. Volkswagen has now added an Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP) to the car, making it a pleasure to drive. The Vento also comes with a state of art infotainment system that can be paired with your Android device.
- Volkswagen Polo GT TSI – The Quint says, “There are plenty of hatchbacks in the Indian market to choose from, but there is nothing out there right now like the Volkswagen Polo GT TSI“. Ask a Polo GT TSI owner and you will certainly find endorsement. The Polo GT TSI comes at an ex-showroom price of over INR 9 lakh in Delhi. The Polo comes in other variants (non GT TSI) but this one is superlative. The Polo GT TSI Petrol 1.2 variant boasts of a 1197-CC engine with 17.21 kilometre per litre mileage and a 7 speed DSG automatic transmission.
- Mahindra Scorpio – If there is one SUV in India that doesn’t need introduction, it is Mahindra’s Scorpio. So much so that the layman would call any SUV on the street a Scorpio. Mahindra has recently updated its beast with Intelli-Hybrid technology, which helps cut down on fuel consumption. This new version comes with a 1.99 litre mHAWK engine, is fuelled by diesel power and carries a price tag of INR 8.94 upwards (ex-showroom, Delhi). While maneuvering the Scorpio through office hour rush or in cramped lanes, and perhaps even finding a parking spot may be an issue, it is perfect for the large family and for those who prefer long intercity drives.
- Honda Amaze – Prepare to be amazed with the Honda Amaze. The compact sedan from Honda was originally launched in India in 2013 – the first car from the Japanese automaker to come in a diesel variant. In 2016, Honda relaunched the Amaze with a major facelift. With a starting price of INR 5.29 lakh. The New Amaze is now available in 15 mind boggling variants – if this seems like too much to choose from, you may want to start narrowing down on the fuel and transmission you seek in your car. The top end petrol variant 1.2 VX AT i-VTEC bears a 1198-CC engine Automatic transmission and offers 18.1 kilometres per litre mileage.
- Ford Figo Aspire – The second ford car to feature on this list is just as much a favourite with its owners. In August 2016, Ford delighted it buyers by swimming against the tide and cutting down on the prices of its vehicles. The Figo’s price now varies between INR 4.54 lakh and INR 6.29 lakh, while the diesel versions go from INR 5.63 lakh to INR 7.18 lakh. This popular hatchback comes in 11 different variants. The top end 1.5 TDCI Titanium Plus Diesel version comes with a 1498-CC engine, manual transmission, and offers a mileage of 25.83 kilometres per litre.
Top 10 Cars under Rs. 5 Lakh in India
Car Manufacturers in India
Best Two Wheelers for Ladies
Top Ten Towns with Highest No. of Car Ownership
10 Super Tips on Investing in Vintage Cars
Discounts and Offers on Cars and Two Wheelers on this Diwali
Top 5 Bikes in India Under INR 2 Lakh
Most Awaited Bikes in India in 2016
Battery Powered E-Bikes in India