OnePlus fans and smartphone lovers are in for an awesome experience with OnePlus launching the 3T version later this month. In a cut-throat market where shelf life of smartphones is down to a couple of months before the next big thing comes along, OnePlus 3T is determined to capture both market and mind share in the premium smartphone category in India.
After experiencing success in India with the OnePlus 3 model, the company is now launching OnePlus 3T, an improved version with faster battery charging, faster processor and a better camera, all packaged in the now familiar all-metal unibody design.
Here’s why the OnePlus 3T is going to heat up the competition
- Body and Colour: The OnePlus 3T sits in a full-metal unibody design and will come in two colour options – gunmetal and soft gold.
- Dimensions: 152.7 x 74.7 x 7.35 mm; same as the OnePlus 3 version.
- Weight: 158 gms. While the dimensions and weight are the same for the OnePlus 3T and OnePlus 3, the newer version packs much more power and features.
- Processor: Unlike its predecessor OnePlus 3, which came with a Snapdragon 820 processor, the OnePlus 3Tis powered by the much superior Snapdragon 821 processor that clocked 2.35 GHz and comes paired with Adreno 530 GPU.
- RAM: 6GB. Fans who were expecting the 3T to house a 8GB RAM will be disappointed as the company has stuck to 6GB, as in the earlier version. But 6GB RAM running on the Snapdragon 821 will deliver blazing fast experience for gaming applications and this will simply thrill gaming lovers who want to keep pushing the limits on speed.
- Internal Storage: The OnePlus 3T comes with two options for internal storage – 64GB and 128GB, which is an improvement over the earlier one that offered only 64GB. The disappointing feature, however, is that it’s not expandable.
- Rear Camera: The OnePlus 3T scores big on its camera. The phone sports a 16 MP Sony camera with IMX 298 sensor with PDAF autofocus, pixel size 1.12 µm and f/2.0 aperture. Video recording is a breeze with a 4K resolution at 30 fps recording and RAW file format. The Optical Image Stabilization and phase detection autofocus features means you can click some very sharp pictures without worrying of compromising the sharpness due to the slightest hand movement.
- Front Camera: The OnePlus 3T comes with a 16 MP Sony sensor with 1.12 µm pixels which is twice the megapixels on the OnePlus 3 version. So fans can look forward to clicking some smart selfies with the 3T.
- Display: 5.5 inch fullHD Optic AMOLED display – 1920×1080 pixels; 2.5D Corning Gorilla 4 glass protection.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes. Unlocking time is only 0.2 sec.
- Ports: 2.0 Type- C and comes with Dual nano-SIM slots and 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Battery: The 3T carries a bigger 3,400mh battery which comes with DASH charging which can recharge 63% in 30 mins. This is enough to get 7 hours of HD playback. The earlier version carried a 3000mh battery but also had DASH charging feature.
- OS: OnePlus 3Truns on Oxygen OS which works on the year old Android Marshmallow version 6.0.1, and comes as a disappointment. It is expected that the company will upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat by the year end.
Other features include : Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, LED Notification light
- Expected price: 64GB – $439 (Rs 29,782/- approx) and 128GB – $479 (Rs 32,495/- approx)
- Launch date in India: Late November to early December.
How does the OnePlus 3T compare with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and Google Nexus 6P?
In tests, the recharge capacity on video filming the OnePlus 3T managed 100% in 90 mins, whereas the Nexus 6P just managed 24% in the same time and S7 Edge barely covered 22%.
On 3D gaming, the OnePlus 3T touched 100% recharge in 90 mins, while the S7 Edge could touch only 48% and Nexus 6P managed just 15%.
On screen only, OnePlus 3T reached 100% in 85 mins, whereas Nexus 6P took 100 mins and S7 Edge 195 mins.
Overall, on price vs feature comparison, OnePlus 3T outscored both the Nexus 6P and S7 Edge.
So get ready to a cool winter this year with the OnePlus 3T!
India Ranks Top in “Killfies”, Death Due to Selfies
Best 6 Smartphones in India under Rs 10,000
Top 6 smartphones in India under Rs. 10,000
Use of technology in rural education of India
Smartphone for Senior Citizens with SOS Function and Large Buttons
Ways to Prolong the Lifespan of Your Smartphone’s Battery
Laptops under INR 30,000
Most Expensive Mobile Phones in the World
103 total views, 3 views today