Moong Dal ke Mangode Recipe
Here is another great option for your breakfast or snack time, moong dal ke mangode is very famous in north India. Moong dal ke mangode is served in Rajasthan, UP and Gujrat over makar sakranti festival. These crispy lentil fritters are generally enjoyed sizzling hot, and can do wonders to your monsoon cravings and give another option over other bhajiyas and pakore. They best go with green chutney made with coriander and mint leaves and always leave you longing for more.
Its very important that the mangode’s are made crispier and cooked well to get the right flavor and the utmost enjoyment. This recipe allows you to do just that. So make best of this monsoon season and the next time you see the clouds going black, make sure your chairs are all set up on the terrace and balconies, make a quick snack of moong dal ke mangode and enjoy them with your spouse or friends with a nice hot cup of tea or coffee.
Ingredients needed for making Moong Dal ke Mangode
- Dhuli moong dal – 1 cup
- Ginger – 1-inch pieces
- Salt to taste
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Spring onion greens – 1 cup (chopped)
- Green chili – 2 (chopped)
- Green coriander – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp
- Oil for frying
How to make Moong Dal ke Mangode
- Wash and soak moong dal for 3-4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the dal to a fine paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients in this mixture.
- Heat the oil and drop the batter in the oil.
- Fry till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.