Thukpa is a hot noodle soup made with mixing vegetables and/or chicken and goes well with the cold weather of northeastern Indo-Tibetan border region. It is very famous in the States of Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh. The vegetables used in the preparation are fairly common such as mushrooms, cabbage, onion etc so I thought why not enjoy this great taste at home. Soups can generally be served through the year any time and this one of noodles is also good enough for a meal. Since it contains vegetables and chicken, it also gives ample amounts of nutrition. Make it less or more spicy based on your personal taste and enjoy it with your family and friends. Here is Thukpa Recipe just for you.
Ingredients needed for making Thukpa
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Onion – 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Ginger – 1 inch piece (grated)
- Garlic – 6 to 8 cloves
- Cabbage – 1 cup (chopped)
- Carrot – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Mushroom – 1/4 cup (chopped)
- Green chilli – 1 to 2 (chopped)
- Chicken – 150 gms (cut in cubes)
- Egg noodles – 150 gms
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Dhania leaves for garnishing
How to make Thukpa
Preparation time: 20 min
Cooking time: 20 min
- Boil the noodles as per manufacturer’s instructions. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add onions and fry for about 2 min.
- Add ginger, garlic and fry another min.
- Add green chilli, mushroom, cabbage, carrot and fry for about 2 min.
- Add chicken with 4 cups of water, red chilli powder, salt and cook until chicken is done.
- Add boiled noodles and lemon juice and mix well.
- Garnish with dhania leaves.
Sesame Peanut Noodles
Chinese Hakka Noodles Recipe
Veg Hakka Noodles
Honey Sesame Tofu
Veg Chowmein Recipe
How Safe Are Instant Noodles?
Cuisines of North East India: Close Connectivity to South East Asia Cuisine
4,066 total views, 36 views today