Bachelor’s ki Chicken Biryani
The moment we hear the name of ‘chicken biryani’ our craving for the delectable dish starts increasing. Isn’t it so? This ‘Bachelor’s ki Chicken Biryani’ is special in its own way, as it is a (several times) tried and tested recipe, which if once gobbled will always tingle your taste-buds for the rest of your life. So, people out there, bid farewell to the old school mundane ideas and try this one for the zesty, tangy and spicy dish, which is waiting for you right in your kitchen. Keep following this recipe to enjoy a relishing meal.
It’s time to have a succulent meal. Oh no! I am feeling hungry.
So, let’s hurry up, and gather some easy ingredients from the market. These include:
- Chicken Legs – 1 kg
- Curd – 150 to 200 grams
- Rice – 3 measuring glasses
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2.5 teaspoons
- Garam Masala – 2 teaspoons
- 1 Cup of Refined Oil
- Coriander Powder – 1.5 teaspoons
- Jeera Powder
- Khada Masala – this includes cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, black cardamom, mace, star anise, and cumin
- 2 Lemons
- A bunch of coriander and mint leaves
- Ginger garlic paste
Hungry na? Of course, we too. Now let us take you to the world of scrumptious and appetizing chicken biryani.
Here you go with an easy breezy recipe. Read details carefully as stated below. Follow these steps to serve hot on your table:
1. Wash your chicken properly (pat it dry) and put diagonal cuts on the legs, so that the marinade can seep through.
2. Take around 150 to 200 gms of curd in a bowl.
3. Add some salt, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander powder, cumin powder and beat the curd.
4. Now, add this paste to the chicken (to enhance the flavour of the dish add some chopped coriander and mint leaves to it).
5. Squeeze 2 lemons.
6. Before proceeding further, you must taste the mixture (here salt and chili must be slightly on a higher side).
7. Now chop 3 green chillies.
8. Add these well chopped green chillies to the marinated chicken, along with oil (do mix the whole mixture thoroughly with your hands).
Note: You can keep this yummy marinated chicken aside for a minimum duration of 3 hours or overnight as well.
9. Now wash the rice properly and soak it in water, at least for half an hour.
10. On the other hand, take ample amount of water.
11. Bring it to a boil, add 2 tablespoons of oil and pinch of salt in it.
12. Taste the water; it should be seasoned, and then add aromatic khada masala.
13. Add soaked rice to the water, once you have drained it.
14. Now, take the Biryani pot and set every chicken leg on the bottom of the pot and pour the remaining mixture of marinated chicken on top.
15. Now, check the rice – when it is 50% cooked, put the flame off and start transferring this rice with the help of a strainer into the pot and cover the chicken completely with rice.
16. Now, put these rice and chicken mixture on top of the flame.
17. To make your dish more delicious and tempting, you can add some ghee, doodh kesar and fried onions to it.
18. Now cover it with a lid and seal it well for dum with dough (before keeping biryani on the flame).
19. Keep it on high flame for around 5 to 7 minutes, and then lower the flame for 15-20 minutes.
20. Let it set for another 15-20 minutes.
All we can assure you is that this chicken biryani will surely steal the heart of your loved ones and is a perfect blend for romantic dinner dates, especially when monsoon rains are already spreading good cheer. Try this once and let us know, we will be pleased to hear from you.
You can try below chicken recipes also: