Digital India programme was launched by the government with a focus on digital empowerment of citizens and creation of digital infrastructure as a utility to every citizen for governance and services on demand. Under this initiative, the NDA government is trying to transform every possible sector.
The Government of India has now extended a helping hand to the students of India in the form of the eBasta platform. This is a collaborative platform where students, teachers and book retailers can come together and help each other.
How it Works?
The stakeholders of eBasta are the students, teachers, eBasta app, and the publishers.
- The eBasta app has to be installed to get access to the portal.
- The school/teachers customise the contents of the eBasta for the students.
- The publishers upload the content as per the requirement of the eBastas.
- The students, with the help of the app, can access the portal and download content of interest.
Features of eBasta
‘Basta’ in Hindi means a school bag. As the name suggests, eBasta is literally a digital schoolbag with the digital version of school books and study material. The various features of eBasta are as follows:
- This programme will make all school books available in the digital format and can be accessed on laptops and tablets.
- Resources available in the digital form include text, simulation, animations, audio books, and videos among many other features.
- Web based applications will be available to access and navigate the framework of eBasta.
- Teachers or the school can log on to the portal and customise the eBasta contents according to the requirement, standard, and syllabus of their students.
- Students can access the content included by the teachers or the school on the same portal. They can use eBasta application by downloading them on their computers or android phones.
- The android app is like a eBook reader. Once the student has access he/she will have the content as required by the teachers.
- The content is easily transferable.
- eBasta is also beneficial for the publishers. It will be easier for them to penetrate into schools and students in every nook and corner of India and sell books in the digital format. All they need to do is register on to the eBasta portal.
Benefits of eBasta for Students and Publishers
- The publishers and the students both benefit because feedback on the online material available online comes directly and thus, any action required concerning the content will also be more prompt.
- Thanks to DRM (Digital Rights Management), the publishers do not have to worry about piracy of the content that they upload.
Even though this platform has been newly launched, there are many eBooks available on the portal. With an increase in demand and popularity, this initiation of the Government is surely going to achieve success, and thus benefit the future generation of India.
More Programmes Launched by Modi
Schemes Launched by Modi Government
All Information about Digital India Programme
Start-up India, Stand-up India
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
Atal Pension Yojana
MUDRA Bank Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
One Rank One Pension Scheme
Seventh Pay Commission
Garib Kalyan Yojana
Integrated Power Development Scheme (IPDS)
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Jan Dhan Yojana
Skill India Programme
Modi’s Sagar Mala Project
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Making India Clean & More