*Image attribution : fitnhit.com
Micromax has launched its flagship Canvas Silver 5 handset on 18 June 2015 in Delhi. The company seems to have taken the fact very seriously that it is somewhat lagging behind in terms of offering stunning smartphones. The company claims that the Canvas Silver 5 is the world’s slimmest and lightest smartphone ‘end to end’. This new smartphone is priced at Rs. 17,999.
- The Micromax Canvas Silver 5 has come up with a 4.8 inch AMOLED screen which supports HD 720 x 1280p resolution.
- It has the slimmest and the thinnest body design of 5.1 mm which runs on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop.
- It is powered with Snapdragon 410 chipset.
- Micromax Canvas Silver 5 has 16 GB of internal storage with 2 GB of RAM without any micro SD card support, which can really become a worry factor for the buyers. Though this phone will not excite the power users very much, but this can definitely be a nice catch for the buyers who want elegance and design.
- Micromax Canvas Silver 5 presents 8 MP rear camera that has Sony sensor and 5 MP front camera.
- Canvas Silver 5 is a single sim smartphone and it supports 4 LTE.
- It has only 2000m Ah battery. Basically, a user might have to charge the mobile set for at least twice a day if he is a heavy user. The company had to sacrifice the battery capacity in order to slim down the design of the device.
What’s the USP?
The USP of the newly launched Micromax Canvas Silver 5 mobile is that it has been designed in such a way that the camera is not projected out on the rear panel. But on the other smartphones like Vivo x 5 max or Oppo R5 the rear camera can be found protruding out. Even Samsung Galaxy S6 or Iphone 6 or any other handset, which claim to have slim design, have protruding rear camera as sensor could not be integrated and fixed into the chassis.
This device has definitely managed to leave a mark on us when it comes to imaging. But there will be questions asked when someone would plan to spend Rs. 17,999 only for the sake of camera and design. There are several other handsets in the market in the same range which offers better specifications and hardware than the Canvas Silver 5. They offer 1080 display, 13 Megapixel cameras, Octa-core processors and 3 GB RAM.
The other contenders in the smartphone market who have newly launched their handsets are OnePlus One 16 GB, Mi 4 64 GB and Huawei Honor 6.
Focus Shifts to Foreign Markets
One should not forget that presently, Micromax is the tenth largest handset manufacturer in the world. World’s slimmest phone is likely to add a significant percentage to its revenue as the company is looking to take this new device beyond India. Micromax has already forayed into Middle East and Russia, where its competitors may be Gionee and Oppo.
Moreover, it has Hugh Jackman as a brand ambassador. It will definitely work in company’s favour. According to Manish Porwal, Managing Director of Alchemist Marketing and Telecom Solution, “For a long time now, they have tried to pitch themselves as an international company. This association with Jackman might help them position themselves as an international company”.
The handsets will be available from 1st July.
Freedom 251 Review : Cheapest Smartphone in India
Quick Tips to Buy Budget Smartphones
Moto X Force Review
Top 6 smartphones in India under Rs. 10,000
LeEco Le 1S Review
Micromax Canvas Selfie Review
Smartphone for Senior Citizens with SOS Function and Large Buttons
Use of technology in rural education of India
Ways to Increase Lifespan of Your Smartphone’s Battery
Most Expensive Mobile Phones in the World
Top 10 Popular Games on Android
Laptops under INR 30,000
Microsoft Cortana: Digital Personal Assistant to Serve Android Devices
Xiaomi Market Penetration Threat to Samsung, Other Competitors
Are we too dependent on computers, technology and Internet?
Datawind’s Low-cost Smartphones: Testing Time Once Again
Shall we give cell phones to school kids?
Why Selfie Lovers Should Invest in New Micromax Canvas Selfie?
187 total views, 3 views today