Picnic Spots Near Delhi
It is that time of the year. When the heat is soaring, the schools are closed for the summer vacation, and one just feels like getting away from it all. Visit to an airconditioned mall in one’s locality has become too mainstream, in fact boring, as it does not tickle one’s intellect. It is time to get back to the age-old traditional getaways of picnic to exotic locations, and weekends away in places of historical importance. And Delhi indeed has a wealth of such tourist spots within a maximum radius of 300 Km.
Delhi is the ending point of the Aravalli Ranges and houses some of the most popular picnic spots in close proximity.
Here is a comprehensive list of the places that you can visit for a picnic or a weekend getaway:
- Asola Bhatti Wildlife Sanctuary : Located on the northern terminal of Aravalli Hill Range, this sanctuary is at a distance of 27 Km from Delhi (1 Hour Drive), and is home to a wide array of birds and five hidden lakes with aquamarine water. The sanctuary is a perfect picnic spot as you bond with nature and get a respite from the city life.
- Camp Wild Dhauj: Located 33 km from Delhi at an hour’s drive, this camp is a wild retreat offering adventurous activities like Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Flying fox, and River crossing among others. Perfect for a picnic, this camp also brings you close to nature.
- Manesar: The all-time favourite, Manesar is a perfect weekend getaway spot with the enchanting Heritage Transport Museum, wealth of migratory birds and the essence of rich Rajasthani heritage. It is 45 Km from Delhi with a travel time of 1 hour by road.
- Damdama Lake: Located at a distance of 50 Km from Delhi and a travel-time of 1 hour-20 minutes via Delhi-Alwar Highway, this is a perfect picnic spot offering activities such as rock climbing, hot air ballooning, para sailing, trekking and camping with the Aravalli Hills as the backdrop.
- Botanix Nature Resort: Just 40 minutes ride away from Delhi at a distance of 50 Km, this resort is a unique combination of adventure camp as well as a farm and helps one unwind with nature walks, adventure sports and some fun in the in-house pool.
- Baghaan Orchard Retreat: This Mango Orchard Resort is 110 Km away from Delhi.It takes 2 hours to reach this retreat by road. Rappelling and archery, bullock cart ride through the nearby village and dolphins sighting in the Ganges are some of the activities available here.
- Sariska: Whether it is to see the national animal of India, the tiger, or to spend some idyllic time with a leisurely picnic on the side of the majestic Lake Siliserh, Sariska, located at 170 Km from Delhi with a travel time of 3 hours is perfect for a getaway. This place, nestled among the Aravallis also is home to the haunted Bhangarh palace.
- Pratapgarh Farms: Located 45 Km from the International Airport of Delhi, this resort lies in the Jhajjar area and is an ethnic holiday village. It offers unique and ethnic adventure sports like the Burma Bridge, Valley Crossing, Camel and Bullock Cart Riding, Tractor Rides, and Night Walks.
- Neemrana: Get readyto be awed at the Neemrana Fort-Palace one of the most unique resorts near Delhi. 109 km from Delhi International Airport, this heritage resort has lovely Hanging gardens, majestic architecture, lush green landscapes as well as an Ayurvedic Spa and two pools to swim out to the horizon.
- Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary: Also known as the Keoladeo Ghana National Park, Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary is located 182 Km from Delhi and an ideal place for a daylong visit especially for the lovers of nature. The sanctuary is home to thousands of different varieties of our feathered friends. Indigenous as well as migratory birds like the Siberian Crane visit this place every year.
Celebrate summers this year in the traditional and healthier way. Head out to the beautiful locales around Delhi and be one with nature. Happy Summer Holidays!!
Metro Walk in New Delhi : Entry Fee, Timing, Address, Rides
Appu Ghar Gurugram
Places to Visit in Delhi
Famous Temples in Delhi
Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple in Delhi
Dilli ka Lal Qila
India Gate History
Pratapgarh Farms – A Weekend Getaway from Delhi
Nizamuddin Dargah in Delhi
Fun n Food Village in Delhi
Worlds of Wonder
Splash – The Water Park in Delhi
Just Chill Water Park
Kalindi Kunj Water Park
The Garden of Five Senses, New Delhi
The Iconic Dolls Museum in Delhi
ISKCON Temple in Delhi
National Science Centre, New Delhi
Tomb of Ghiyasuddin Tughlaq in Delhi
Five Most Amazing Gardens of Delhi
Lal Kot: The ‘Real’ Red Fort Of Delhi
A Pottery Village in Delhi
Dilli Haat or shall we call it ‘Mini India’?
The National Rail Museum in the Heart of the Capital City
Indira Gandhi National Centre for the Arts
Jamali Kamali Mosque