Besan Ke Laddu Recipe
Laddu since long has been used as a synonym for mithai (Indian sweet). It is a ball-shaped Indian sweet which is often used as offering in temples and religious and marriage ceremonies. Generally, the laddu can be made with various ingredients. However, besan ke laddu is probably the most common and famous of all. You can enjoy them not just while eating them but also while making them. You can also look to engage your kids in the preparation of the balls. Since these can be easily made at home, it is possible to make it according to your specific taste and preference. For instance, you can manage the sweetness or even use sugar-free substitutes. Here, I write an easy-to-follow recipe for making your own besan ke laddu and enjoying it with your family anytime of the day. I’m sure that, just as my son, your kids would just love these and always ask for more!
Ingredients needed for Besan Ke Laddu
- Besan – 1 and 1/2 cups
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom powder – 2 tsp
- Almonds and cashew nuts – 1/4 cups (chopped, optional)
How to make Besan Ke Laddu
- Add ghee and besan in a heavy-bottom pan.
- Fry till it is slightly browned and a nice aroma starts coming.
- Splash a tablespoon of water in the pan.
- A lot of foam will form in the pan.
- Fry till all the foam disappears.
- Add the powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Add the dry fruit, if you want, at this stage.
- Mix nicely.
- Let the mixture cool a little bit.
- Take a small amount of mixture and make a round ball.
- Garnish with almond and pistachio slivers.
- Store in an airtight container.