Aaloo Bonda Recipe
Aaloo Bonda was my favourite lunch when I was a student. Our school canteen sold it by units and it was one of the cheapest things to buy in the canteen. I remember having Aaloo Bonda hundreds of times in those wonderful years and I must admit I miss them so much. I’m sure you too have similar memories from your younger days and it is easy to relive those with this easy-to-follow Aaloo Bonda recipe. These Aaloo Bondas are made from potatoes rolled and deep fried to make a mouth-watering dish. So make these for any of your meals today and enjoy the taste from the past.
Ingredients needed for Aaloo Bonda
- Potato – 3-4 (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Oil – 2 tsp and for frying
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Heeng – 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Besan – 1 cup
How to make Aaloo Bonda
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds and heeng.
- Add mashed potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chaat masala, red chili powder and coriander.
- Mix well.
- Mix besan and a little salt in a bowl.
- Make a thick batter using water.
- Make small roundels from the potato mixture.
- Dip the roundels in besan batter.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Serve hot with coriander chutney.