Sabzi Ki Kadhi has been made in my home for a long time and the recipe passed on for generations, it is made by adding the vegetables to besan and sour dahi. The kadhi goes well with white rice or roti and is slightly out of ordinary so would be loved whenever it is made. The recipe is fairly simple and you can use your favorite vegetables in the preparation. So let’s see the Sabzi Ki Kadhi Recipe, serve it hot and make any day a special day.
Ingredients needed for Sabzi Ki Kadhi
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1tsp
- Zeera seeds – 1 tsp
- Heeng – 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves – 1 sprig
- Dry red chili – 4 to 5
- Onion – 1 cup (cut in slices)
- Vegetables – 3 cup chopped (I used bhindi, gobhi, matar, corn)
- Besan – 1/4 cup
- Sour dahi – 1 cup (home made dahi can be made sour by keeping it in the open overnight)
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
- Rec chili powder – 1/2 tsp
How to make Sabzi Ki Kadhi
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, zeera seeds and heeng and let it splatter.
- Add curry leaves and dry red chili, onion and fry for a 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the cut vegetables and fry for a 3-4 minutes.
- Mix besan with sour dahi in a separate pan and add to the above pan with 4 to 5 cups of water.
- Add salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and then cook on low heat for about 15 min.
- Serve hot.