Pakodi or pakode are just too famous in India and more often than not, if you are a foodie Indian, you’d have them in some form every other week. These can be made with many different fillings like aaloo, pyaaz, gobhi, paneer, mirchi and more. These pakodis are made with a besan (gram flour) batter with some added spices, and then deep fried. Today I made Pyaaz Ki Pakodi and it went just too well with a homemade green coriander and mint chutney. These pakodis can be made any day of your liking and served as a snack in the evening or morning breakfast, they would be enjoyed by all. The best taste comes when these are hot and fresh. So whenever you are in a mood to make some pakodis use this Pyaaz Ki Pakodi Recipe and enjoy with friends and family.
Ingredients needed for Pyaaz Ki Pakodi
- Onion: 3-4 (cut into thin slices)
- Oil for frying
- Besan – 2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ajwain – 1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala – 1/2 tsp
- Green chili – 1 tsp (chopped)
How to make Pyaaz Ki Pakodi
Preparation time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 20 min.
- Add besan, salt, ajwain, chaat masala and green chili to water to make a batter of medium consistency.
- Add sliced onions and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Pick a few sliced onions covered with batter and drop them into the hot oil. Fry from both sides until golden-brown.
- Drain on a kitchen tissue.
- Repeat for all the onion pakodi batter.
- Serve hot with green coriander and mint chutney.
20 total views, 1 views today