Nariyal Ke Laddu Recipe
Coconut known as nariyal in Hindi is considered sacred in the Hindu community. It is considered as an inevitable part of most auspicious works of life including inaugurations, house warming, buying a new car, etc. The sweets made from coconut are often offered to gods during various events like marriage, birth and festivals like Diwali. Today I bring to you the recipe for delicious Nariyal Ke Laddu which you can prepare for your near and dear ones. These laddus made from coconut powder, desi ghee and condensed milk turn out nice and are thoroughly enjoyed by everyone. They are easy and quick to prepare and can be made in large quantity to suit your occasion and can also be preserved in the fridge for a couple of days. So start something new today with Nariyal Ke Laddu. God Bless You!
- Desi Ghee – 1 tbsp
- Nariyal powder – 1 and 1/4th cup (it is easily available in local shops)
- Condensed Milk – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Almond slivers for garnishing
How to make Nariyal Ke Laddu
- Take a heavy bottom pan and heat desi ghee.
- Add I cup coconut powder to the ghee and keep frying for a minute.
- Add milk and condensed milk and cook till it reduces totally (approx for 20 min).
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook till the mixture thickens.
- Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- Roll the mixture into laddus and then roll over the nariyal powder for a consistent look.
- Decorate with almond slivers and serve.