PM Modi Launches Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan
Sending a strong message to its detractors, the Modi-led NDA government decided to launch the Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan to “generate efforts to increase social harmony across villages”, “promote rural development” and “foster farmers’ welfare and livelihood of the poor”. And what could have been the better launching date than 14 April 2016?
For those who don’t know, 14 April marks the 125th birth anniversary of Dr. Bhim Rao Ambedkar, the social reformer and a tireless campaigner against social discrimination. Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch the campaign at B.R. Ambedkar’s ancestral village, Mhow, in Madhya Pradesh.
About Gram Uday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan
- Villagers are expected to take an oath of tolerance and social harmony across the country on the first day of the campaign
- The campaign will be run by the ministries of Agriculture, Labour, Rural Development, Social Justice, and Information and Broadcasting in coordination with the states.
- The prime focus of the campaign will be on issues pertaining to rural development, farmers’ earnings, social harmony and welfare of SC & ST population.
- Village farmer assemblies will be organised to promote agriculture by empowering them with information about various development schemes of the government such as Fasal Bima Yojana and Soil Health Card scheme.
- A nation-wide meeting on Panchayat and tribal development will be held at Vijaywada on 19 April.
- Gram Sabha meetings will happen from 21-24 April across the country.
The campaign, which begins on 14 April, will conclude on Panchayati Raj Day – 24 April. Modi will address all gram sabhas in the country from Jamshedpur. Except the poll-bound states of Kerala, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, and Puducherry, his address will be aired across the country through radio and television.
Explore More :
PM’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) : Details, Benefits, Objective, Eligibilit
Setu Bharatam Project
Pradhan Mantri Ujwala Yojna
Atal Pension Yojana
MUDRA Bank Yojana
Sukanya Samriddhi Account
Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY)
Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY)
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchai Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
One Rank One Pension Scheme
Seventh Pay Commission
Garib Kalyan Yojana
All Information about Digital India Programme
eBasta – Features and Benefit for students
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA)
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY)
Jan Dhan Yojana
Skill India Programme
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan: Making India Clean & More