Truemessenger: New Messaging App to Curb Spam SMSes
Swedish company Truecaller has launched an application for Android phones in India to keep out spam SMSes from a user’s phone. The Truemessenger app can identify unknown numbers, curb spam messages and also block spam calls. It has the potential to be a new way to keep SMS safe.
Truemessenger App Features
- It has the ability to put a name to a number, even for contacts outside your phonebook.
- It detects, blocks, and reports spam. Other Truecaller members also stand to benefit from it.
- It gives users the option to avoid messages from unwanted numbers and contacts.
- It keeps the Inbox free of spam messages by sending them to a separate folder.
- It gives users the provision of adding advanced filtering options by creating customised filters with known spam keywords or country codes.
- The app has collaborated with Avicii to send you a special message alert tone.
Live on Google Play
For the time being, Truemessenger is available on Android only. The app is live on Google Play Store for the Android users to download. Truecaller has two other apps – Truecaller and Truedialler.
Benefits of Truemessenger App
- Truecaller identifies 900 calls a month. One out of seven calls are spam. The company is here to provide the same service for text messages with the help of this new app.
- Truemessenger will give messaging a more social dimension by putting control back into the users’ hands.
- The users will not be affected by spam messages and would know who they are communicating with.
- Spam accounts for 15 per cent of all SMS messages sent globally. The app will allow users to save a name to a number, even for contacts outside their phonebook.
- The app offers an option to avoid messages from unwanted numbers and contacts.
Truecaller, which has over 80 million users in India and a global user base of close to 150 million, will soon launch this app in other markets after India. Truemessenger is designed as an SMS replacement app with an automated spam filter. Truecaller India Head, Kari Krishnamurthy, is optimistic about having 150 million users in India. This Scandinavian firm intends to have more tie-ups with phone manufacturers and telecom service providers to increase their consumer base.
At a time when messaging apps are constantly coming under attack from spammers, Truemessenger keeps your inbox free from unwanted messages and puts you in control of who you communicate with.
Narendra Modi Mobile App
eBasta: New Portal for Students to Download School Books
Delhi Transit Bus info APP
Top 10 Popular Games on Android
Facebook’s In-App Search
13 Killer Yoga Apps for Super Busy People
Facebook’s Hello App
5 Things You Must Know About Twitter’s Livestreaming App
19 Awesome Apps to Overcome Corporate Burnout
5 Things You Must Know About the Latest ‘M’ Upgrade of Android OS
5 Mobile Apps women can rely on for safety
Five Best Android Applications Every Smartphone Should Have
Apple Watch to Debut in April