Aizawl, capital of Mizoram, one of the seven sister north- eastern mountainous states of India, is located at latitude 23°30' N and longitude 92°.15' E in the northern part of the state.
Roads are the life line of the city. Parts of Mizoram state are still very remote although Aizawl is connected to the rest of the country by National Highway 54 which passes in the north of the city. This connects Aizawl to Silchar in Assam and Shillong in Meghalaya, and ends at Tuipang in Mizoram. Aizawl has no rail head and this important highway connects the city to the nearest railhead at Silchar in Assam. The Mizoram State Guest House and the Tourist Lodge are located in the north of Aizawl city, near the NH 54. The BVT taxi stand is in the east of the city.
Religious and Educational Institutions in Aizawl
Aizawl, being the largest city in the state, is the religious and cultural center of the state. As the majority of Mizos are Christians, the city is dotted with several churches along with several educational institutions run by the churches. Some of the important churches are
- Ramhlun North Baptist Church
- Ramhlun Salvation Army Church
- Ramhlun North Presbyterian Church
- Ramhlun Venglai Press Church
- Presbyterian Church
- Zarkwat Church
- Electric Veng Church
- Bethelehem Presbyterian Church
- Bungkwan Vengthlang Church
- Upper Republic Church
- Armed Veng Church
- Republic East Presbyterian Church
- Republic Veng Seventh Day Church
- Shalom Baptist Church
As the Mizos are sports enthusiasts, the city also has a number of sports complexes such as the Chanmari West Indoor Stadium, the CSA basketball court, PUC Sports complex, and the Tuikhuahtlang Basketball court.
- Chaltlung Bazaar in the north of the city
- Lalbuala Shopping Complex
- R B Complex
- Millennium Mall in the center of the city
- Mizoram Police Run is an important landmark in the center of the city. The Police Headquarters is in the south.
- Civil Hospital
- Radio Transmitting Center in the west of the city.
- Solomon Cave is one of the main shopping areas.
- The AIR FM station in the south
- A G Office
- Presbyterian Girls Hostel
- Working Girls Hostel
Last Updated on : 28/08/2013
|Find Distance from Aizawl to other Indian Cities|