ADVANTAGES: -1. Simple data structure.
2. The overlay and combination of mapped data with remotely sensed data is easy.
3. Various kind of spatial analysis area easy.
4. Simulation is easy because each spatial unit has same size and shape.
5. The technology is cheap and is being energetically developing.
DSADVANTAGES: -1. Volumes of graphic data.
2. The use of large cells to reduce data volumes means that phenomenological recognizable structures can be lost and there can be a serious loss of information.
3. Crude raster maps are considerably less beautiful than maps drawn with fine lines.
4. Network linkages are difficult to establish.
5. Projection transformations are time consuming unless spatial algorithms or hardware are used.