Diu Island Population



Diu Island population stands at 21,578, according to the census of 2001. There has been an increase in the total population of the city since the last census. The population of Diu Island, according to 1991 census, had been 20,643. The population change in Diu is about 0.444% in one year. The average population in a radius of 7 kilometers is 5902. Females constitute 54% of the population while the rest 46% is made up by the male populace.

The demography of Diu Island is roughly distributed among Fudam, Bucharwada, Ghogla, Vanakbara, Simbore and Diu town. These villages hold an uneven distribution of Diu Island population. According to the statistics, about 75% of the people of Diu Island are literate. In Diu Island, about 81% of male population is literate, whereas among the females, the rate of literacy is 59.5%.

The inland waters of Diu Island are rich in fish, especially pomfret. The majority of the people in Diu practice fishing. Salt production is another major occupation pursued by the people of Diu Island.



Last Updated on 26 September 2012

     


     

Which is the Coldest Place in India?Drass is the coldest place in India. The town is located in Jammu and Kashmir's Kargil District. It falls on NH 1 between Kargil town and Zoji La pass. It is famously called the 'the Gateway to Ladakh'. The climate here is of mediterranean continental… Read More...
Which is the Only Indian State That Was a Separate Country?Sikkim was once an independent country before India claimed it on May 16, 1975. Before that, it was a monarchy and was ruled by Chogyals (kings). The last Chogyal of Sikkim was Palden Thondup Namgyal. He had interests in keeping Sikkimas an independent unit, just… Read More...
What are the Major Earthquakes, Tsunamis, and Floods Happened in India in the 21st Century?India has had a large number of calamities over the period of time. There have been many in the 21st century itself. Let's discuss the major earthquakes, floods, and tsunamis in the country which claimed thousands of lives and caused huge losses of property. There… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations