Uttarakhand Population



The Population of Uttarakhand as per the census of 2011 is 10,116,752. Out of these, the males constitute of 5,154,178 and females comprise of 4,962,574. The state had a growth rate of 19.17% over the last census. The male to female ratio is 1000: 963 and the population density is 189 per square kilometer.

Out of the total population of Uttarakhand 69.45% resides in the rural areas. The total Rural Population of Uttarakhand is 7,025,583. The rest of the 30.55% resides in urban areas. The total Urban Population of Uttarakhand is 3,091,169. The Literacy Rate of Uttarakhand is 79.63 % with Male Literacy at 88.33 % and Female Literacy at 70.70 %. The Total Literate population of the state is 6,997,433.

The population of Uttarakhand mainly compromises of Garhwali and Kumaoni tribe who are famously known as Pahari. The other local tribes are Jaunsari, Bhotia, Buksha, Tharu, Jadh, Marcha, Tolcha, Shauka, Gujjar and Raji. Uttarakhand population also comprises of Punjabis, Nepalis, Bengalis and Tibetan. Most of the people here are Rajput. About 90% of the total population in Uttarakhand follows the Hindu religion.

Agriculture is among the most important sectors of the economy in Uttarakhand. A large part of the population is engaged in this occupation. Other major economic sectors in Uttarakhand in include tourism and hydropower. The service sector mainly includes IT, higher education and banking. Biotechnology, pharmaceuticals and automobile industries are also coming up in the state.

The language used by the majority of the population of Uttarakhand is Hindi. The population of Central Pahari region use Kumaoni and Garhwali while the tribal communities speak in Jaunsari and Bhotiya. The people of Uttarakhand are said to be very creative and cheerful.



Last Updated on 5 March 2013

     


     

Which state is the largest producer of uranium in India? The state of Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of uranium in India. Tummalapalle village located in the Kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh is considered as one of… Read More...
Which Indian state produces the maximum wind power? The production of power from wind energy has considerably increased in the recent years. Very recently in June this year, India became the fourth largest country with 34.293 gigawatt of… Read More...
Which Indian state is the largest producer of diamonds? Madhya Pradesh is the only state with a diamond mine in the country as well as in Asia. During the year 2017-18, Madhya Pradesh has produced 28,424 carats of diamonds (up to December… Read More...


EU GDPR Update:
MapsofIndia has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofIndia Privacy Policy and Terms.
We follow editorialcalls.org for border and boundary demarcations