The List of Indian languages includes:
- Gujarati - Language of Gujarat and Union Territories of Dadar and Nagar Haveli
- Punjabi - The official language of Punjab
- Bengali- The state language of West Bengal
- Assamese - Official language of Assam
- Dogri, Urdu - The language of Jammu and Kashmir
- Oriya - The state language of state of Orissa
- Marathi - Language of Maharashtra
- Kannada - The official language of Karnataka
- Tamil - The state language of Tamil Nadu
- Telugu - It is the official language of Andhra Pradesh.
- Malayalam - It is the official language of Kerala
- Konkani - The state language of Goa
- Manipuri - The official language of Manipur
Some Indian languages are not widely spoken; they are given the status of minority languages. Mahl and Portuguese languages come under this category.