Exfoliation refers to the deep cleansing of the skin to remove dead cells from the skin. Dead cells on the skin can lead to unwanted problems such as clogged pores, pimples, dark patches, etc. Regular cleansing may not effectively clean out all the dirt and dead skin cells. Exfoliators most include beads or granules of the ingredient the scrub is made out of; it helps in the deep cleansing.
How is exfoliation beneficial for the skin?
Exfoliation or scrubbing helps the skin in many ways, and it is beneficial. The benefits include:
- Cleanses out dirt
- It makes the skin clear
- It prevents the skin from getting pimples
- Boosts production of collagen
- The brighter complexion and reduces dark patches
Listed below are three DIY exfoliator remedies that one can make easily at home with a few simple ingredients:
- Cinnamon and Honey: For this scrub, you will need only two ingredients- cinnamon powder and honey. Mix 2 tablespoons of cinnamon powder with one tablespoon of honey together. Then apply it to your skin and leave it on for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, gently massage with some water and wash it off with water. This scrub should be used once a week. Cinnamon is famous for healing acne, and it helps in reducing blackheads. The antifungal properties in cinnamon are beneficial for healing acne. Honey is a natural antiseptic, and it is helpful for healing acne as well. It is also an excellent moisturizer. Honey keeps the skin soft and locks in moisture.
- Rice Flour and Honey: For this scrub, you will need rice flour and honey. Mix two tablespoons of rice flour with one tablespoon of honey. If the consistency is too thick, you can add a few drops of milk or a little bit of curd to it. Apply the scrub, massage it gently for a minute or two, and then wash it off with water. Rice flour is beneficial for cleansing out dirt and pollution from the skin. This scrub can be used two to three times a week.
- Tomato and Sugar: For this scrub, you will need a tomato and some sugar. Cut one large tomato into half, sprinkle some sugar on the inside part of the tomato and rub it directly to your face until the sugar melts to your skin. It may take about 5 to 6 minutes. After that, wash it off with water. Tomato is beneficial for reducing signs of ageing and making the complexion brighter. Sugar is known as a natural exfoliator, which helps in removing dead skin cells.