Home remedies are always better when it comes to a skincare routine. Using natural products is as effective as using artificial products. However, many people are running on busy schedules for which they do not get the time to invest in home remedies and skip artificial products. Natural ingredients work more effectively and reduce the possibilities of side effects. We all wish for naturally glowing skin, but it is challenging to get that glow in our busy schedule and living in a polluted environment. However, it is not difficult to get glowing skin through natural remedies and some patience as well. Choosing the right ingredients per your skin type and making facemasks at home can help you get glowing skin.
Listed below are some DIY facemask remedies that can help you get glowing skin:
- Tomato-Lemon Mask: Tomato is very beneficial for the skin. It helps in removing dead skin cells, boosts collagen production, and reduces tan. Lemon enriches with vitamin-c, and vitamin-c helps in lightening dark spots. The tomato and lemon mask will remove suntan, making the skin look brighter and glow naturally.
Take one tomato and blend it to make a puree. Mix two tablespoons of lemon juice with the tomato puree and apply it all over your skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes, and then wash it off using cold water. Try this facemask twice a week for the best results.
- Potato Mask: Potato is well-known for the numerous benefits that it provides for the skin. Potato helps in reducing dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It soothes the skin reduces tan, which helps make the skin clearer and gives a natural glow. Lemon is also very beneficial for the skin.
Take enough potato juice to cover your entire face, along with an equal amount of lemon juice. Mix them well and apply them all over your face. Leave it on for 15 minutes, then wash it off with water.
- Almond Mask: Almonds are enriched with anti-oxidant properties and vitamins that are beneficial for the skin. It nourishes and rejuvenates the skin. Milk works as an excellent anti-inflammatory ingredient for the skin.
- Soak 4 to 5 almonds in milk overnight. Make a paste of the almonds with the milk and apply it to your skin. Make sure to remove the peel of the almonds before making the paste. Leave the mask overnight on the skin and wash it off in the morning. For best results, use it every second or third day.
- Egg and Almond Mask: Eggs help in improving the texture of the skin. Egg whites help in tightening skin pores while almonds nourish the skin.
- Take an egg and whisk it well with some grounded almonds. The number of grounded almonds should be enough to make a smooth paste. Apply the mask on your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Wash it off using cold water after 20 minutes. This mask is just perfect for dry skin.
- Papaya and Honey Mask: Papaya is one of the most commonly used natural ingredients for skincare. Papaya helps in exfoliating dead skin cells, promotes collagen production, helps remove tan, and reduces signs of ageing. Honey is also an excellent ingredient for the skin as it consists of anti-bacterial properties; it also hydrates the skin making the skin glow naturally.
- Take a bowl and in it, add 8 to 10 slices of papaya, one tablespoon of honey, and one tablespoon of milk. Mix them well to make a smooth paste. Apply it all over your face and leave it on for 20 minutes. Next, wash it off using lukewarm water. Recommended using twice a week for best results.