Everybody loves to eat sweets and desserts in the festive season, and the season is almost here. So all the unique yummy dishes made on the day of Diwali are incomplete without desserts.
Here are some of the delicious mini dessert recipes that will make your Diwali unforgettable:
- Strawberry Cream Trifle
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 2 tbsp crushed strawberries
- 1/2 brick vanilla ice cream
- Six cupcakes and sponge cakes
- 1 cup syrup or pineapple juice
- 1 cup diced assorted fresh fruit
- Six red cherries to decorate
- Put the crushed strawberries in a bowl, add the ice cream and mix well; chill until required.
- Halve the sponge cakes and cupcakes horizontally, place the upper halves on a tray, and pour a spoon of juice over them.
- Arrange the lower halves of the cakes on a serving dish and pour over a spoon of juice over them, then cover with the fruit.
- Pour a layer of ice cream over the fruit and arrange the top halves of the cake on the ice cream by pressing them down firmly.
- Cover it with the rest of the ice cream.
Decorate with the cherries and serve well.
- Choco banana nuts split
Preparation time: 10 minutes
- 4 Bananas
- 1/2 Cup Crushed cashew nuts
- 1 Cup Chocolate Sauce
- 4 Scoops vanilla ice cream
- 8 Small dessert forks
1-Peel The bananas and halve them lengthwise; carefully insert a dessert fork in the centre of each.
2-Spread The nuts on a tray and put the chocolate sauce in a shallow dish.
3-Dip a banana half in the chocolate sauce, holding it with the dessert fork.
4-Dip it in the nuts to get well coated and place it on a serving platter.
5-Arrange the banana splits on the platter in a circle, or put them in individual serving dishes.
6-Chill in the refrigerator and serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- Nutty buddy Chocolate
Preparation time:15 Minutes
- 1/4 tin condensed milk
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp coffee powder
- 1 Cup crushed Marie biscuits
- 1 cup crushed dry fruits
- 1 Packet Cadbury crunchies
- 1/2 Cup powdered biscuits
- Vanilla Icecream
- Squares of aluminium foil
- Put the condensed milk in a bowl along with the cocoa powder and coffee.
- Stir in the biscuits and nuts and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into balls using wet palms to prevent the mixture from sticking.
- Insert the Cadbury crunchies in the centre of each ball and roll it in the biscuit powder until it gets well coated.
- Tightly cover each ball with aluminium foil and chill in the freezer.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top of the nutty buddy chocolate and serve well.