The Christmas festival is almost here. Of course, the adorable green sugar Christmas trees are suitable when you don’t have time to make something good, but still, you want to make something easy, cute and festive.
The green Christmas tree dessert is simple to make, and you can even take the help of your kids to decorate. A little bit of patience is all one needs to make this recipe.
Let’s make a delicious green Christmas Tree dessert:
Preparation time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- Three sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- Two large eggs
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Green gel food colour
- Round shaped cookie cutters
- Small star cookie cutter
- Royal icing
- Caramel Chocolates
- Grinded sugar for dusting
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Using an electric mixer at high speed, Take a bowl and beat the butter and sugar in it until they get light fluffy. Keep doing it for about 3 minutes. After that, hit the batter in eggs and then vanilla.
- Lower the speed of the mixer and slowly add the flour mixture.
- Make a soft dough of the batter and keep it into four portions.
- Keep the portions wrapped in plastic while colouring.
- Work on one portion at a time.
- Add a few drops of green colour food to the dough and mix until it gets fully incorporated.
- Roll the batter between 2 sheets of parchment paper to 2 inches thick, and keep it in the freezer. Let it chill until firm. Please keep it for 30 minutes in the refrigerator and 15 minutes in the freezer.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
- Now heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line the baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut out the cookies using the floured cookie cutters.
- Place down the cookies on prepared sheets.
- Reroll it and let it chill. Then cut the scraps.
- Bake the cookies and keep rotating the positions of baking sheets halfway throughout until the cookies turn slightly light golden brown from the edges. It can take me up to 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let it cool on the baking sheets. Leave it for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks.
- Use the royal icing to glue and stick the cookies together in the shape of small trees and stars at the top.
- Use the chocolate caramels as trunks and dust with confectioners sugar if needed.